Wednesday, January 4, 2012

BizTalk 2010 Adapter Pack 2.0 install issues

I'm installing a new instance of BizTalk 2010 server, and wanted to add the WCF-SQL adapter. This requires the BizTalk LOB Adapter SDK 2010 as a prerequisite. The OS is Windows Server 2008R2, 64-bit.

After I downloaded and installed the SDK (x64), I installed the x64 version of the Microsoft BizTalk Adapter Pack (v2.0). I figured at this point I could now go into the BizTalk Administration console and add the WCF-SQL adapter by selecting Platform Settings/Adapters/(right-click) new/Adapter.

The Adapter dropdown list was empty.

It doesn't seem clear, but it seems apparent that you also need to install the x86 version of the Adapter Pack as well. I did not need to install the x86 version of the LOB SDK. Can anyone verify/clarify this?

No comments: